100 Black Men of America, Inc. is committed to delivering a community health fair or a health-screening event whenever the 100 Black Men of America, Inc. convenes. Within the 100, the number of doctors, members in leadership roles and members connected to major health organizations are unprecedented. This knowledge leadership includes a former U.S. Surgeon General. The 100’s health & wellness initiatives are multi-generational and include health education, free screenings, referrals, follow up, partnerships and advocacy.
Because of the high rates of cases in the African American community and decades-long, complex health disparity issues the 100’s Health and Wellness initiatives will always include the #the100blueprint for addressing the following:
- Prostate Cancer
- Mental Illness
- High Blood Pressure/Heart Disease
The 100 Black Men’s Health & Wellness Committee has established a successful blueprint for developing strategic partnerships that raise a collective voice to help increase awareness and provide health education to mitigate chronic conditions and diseases that plague the African American community. Current grant-funded programs include:
- Wal-Mart Foundation – FedUp “Hack4Health” Campaign
- Aetna Foundation – Project H.E.A.R.T.
- AARP – Collaboration for Advocacy and Local Engagement
- Healthcare Partnership Initiatives:
- The Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation (HWCF)
- Prostate Health Education Network (PHEN)
- Center for Healthy African American Men through Partnerships (CHAAMPS)